Join the Empower Challenge to challenge yourself and to empower women from disadvantaged backgrounds. Run or hike the Empower Marathon 42km or Empower 100km virtual courses through the Everest region in Nepal over the month of December in one or many sessions!
Since 2018, we have supported 10 athletes. For 2021, we have selected 6 athletes that we hope to support starting in January. Here’s a message from Mira to explain how you can help:
WHAT TO DO!
1. Join the Empower Challenge from anywhere in the world! This is a meaningful family friendly challenge suitable for children and adults.
2. Register here for the 42km or 100km distance Empower Challenge. The registration fee is HK$250 (£25). 100% of this fee will go to support high-potential female athletes from Nepal from disadvantaged backgrounds
3. Receive a confirmation email and virtual bib. (Optional print out and wear the bib for your runs or share it on social media with your friends 🥰)
4. From Dec 1 to Dec 30, walk or run in one go, or in multiple sessions, a cumulative distance of 42km or 100km. Track each session using a fitness watch or phone app and capture a screenshot or photo of the distance travelled as evidence of the session.
5. After each run, find the link in your confirmation email to register your session and upload the photo evidence.
6. Track your progress and to see where you are in the course here! Link also available in confirmation email.
7. Take photos and share with hashtag #EmpowerChallenge